size
Small
build
Medium
player
01-23-2018, 12:07 AM

ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE

ooc. me? Forget about characters? Threads? Pfft, no! I'm sorry

The boy looked frightened for merely a moment, and whirled around to stare down the tunnel. His cerulean hackles stood on end, and he stood like papa did when he heard something outside at night. After a second, he seemed satisfied that nothing was behind him. "I guess it ran away." He finally announced, nonplussed. "That's 'cause it heard me coming." Oh wow! Sea foam eyes would widen, shocked. Was he a famous monster killer? "My rep'itation proceeds me." He seemed rather proud, standing there. The pale child wished she could be that brave. Instead, she had been crying in a hole in the ground for her papa.

"Did it chase you down here?" The starry boy then asked, quizzical. Hot shame rolled down her back, and she looked down at her toes. Why couldn't she be brave like the boy was? "No.." She mumbled, head shaking just a little. "I wanted to see what was down here, but.. there's nothing alive down here, and I thought maybe it was because there were monsters or somethin'." It was so stupid, now that she said it out loud. So stupid, and he was going to laugh at her now. "And then I was scared a monster was going to come up and eat me, and then one was coming up- and then-" Oh great, she was gonna cry again. Cry like a big baby. Everyone was gonna laugh at her, like the big meanie was saying all the time.

She looked up at the boy, hoping he wasn't laughing. "Zhi-" She gasped, choking on her own tongue with shock. A monster! Long limbs and a weird face, and it was cleaning its claws! Getting ready to attack! "Behind you!" She cried, scuttling awkwardly backwards. It failed this time, just like the last time. She fell flat on her butt, and stared in horror at the creature.

speech