ardent

What Hurts The Most

Gael

gems
size
build
player
07-04-2013, 04:15 PM

He helped others. That had become his mission in life, ever since he'd wandered off. He loved helping others. Loved being able to solve their problems, to help them resolve something that they probably wouldn't have been able to resolve without his help. And that's what he was trying to do with Mei at the moment. She needed help and he was here, trying to provide his assistance as much as he could, though he feared for once his help wasn't sufficient enough. He could help her move on, that was not a problem for the young man at all, but as far as trying to get to come to terms with the fact that she might not ever be able to retain her memories, he wasn't too sure about that. But just because he wasn't sure about how to approach the situation didn't mean that he was going to give up on her already. Not a chance. He would stick with it, coming at the situation from every angle until he found a way to work through it. He swore to her that he would help her no matter what he wasn't about to break a promise.

His words seemed to have done the trick, Mei's beautiful teal eyes raising to meet his cerulean ones, tears pricking the corners of her eyes. Audits flattened against his skull, an uneasy whine slipping past his clamped jaws. No, Meili couldn't cry. I'm just scared, Gael. My mind didn't used to be so... so scattered. It used to be cut in half, my old memories and my new memories. But now it feels like it's all getting more and more blurred, more and more broken... What is it going to be like a year or two from now? What if... what if I go insane? The tears that had been pricking at her eyes spilled over, rushing down her cheeks as she buried her face into his neck, the moisture soaking into his skin. But you don't have to be scared Mei. You don't have to be scared because I'm here. I'm here for you, to help you through it, with whatever you need, and however you need help. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. You can count on that. Gael tucked his chin against the smaller woman's crown, pressing her against him, wishing that he could take away her worries.

Talk like this