ardent

There's nothing more for me; lead me away...

Kaitlyn I

Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
01-30-2018, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 11:52 AM by Kaitlyn I.)
...Or leave me lying here...

All Kaitlyn knew at that moment was pain. She’d been moved to one of the cabins on the ship and for the first day Kait hadn’t dared move. Everything hurt… and her fearful state had Proxy and Mad slipping in and out of control. Even when they were not dominant within the vessel Kait could hear their voices. Could hear their whispered threats that if she dared put one little toe out of line her children could become the demon king’s next victims.

At first this was enough to keep Kait from even daring to move from the polar bear pelt that held her daughter’s scent. But this did not quiet her mind… she thought of Clay, as well as her children. Thought of the son she’d adopted, the daughters she had, and the small shift in her scent. Maybe she was just being paranoid… but she was in heat… it was possible she was infected with Lucifer’s children once more. His words echoed in her mind… and the damage he left on her body gave lingering pain even after being cleaned. No herbs had been applied after all.

But as night gave way to dawn Kait shakily got to her paws. Her body was tired… it ached. She had been up all night, thinking... She glanced down at the dirty whitish thing she’d been lying on… It was stained with her blood. She could feel her heart clenching in her chest, ears flicking against her skull as she listened for Proxy and Mad. Could it be that her alters too slumbered? Was the world asleep, while she was awake, troubled by her damaged mind?

Kait might not have had a way to fight her alters… Nor could she really fight against the Demon King and his Queen. But she wasn’t stupid either. Yes her daughter’s scent lingered on this coat… but it had begun fading. How long had her little one been gone? Her gaze shifted to the room across from hers… and her stomach churned.

Lyle’s pelt was among the ones she saw there… and Lucifer’s words again rose in her mind.

Tears began to prick her eyes, body trembling all over again. One of her daughters were dead… Doireann and Belua weren’t here… and she… she looked down at her paws. Would her children come back to this man? Could she really afford to stay here, to find out what might happen if they did? To find out what might happen to her?

One step after the other the little femme started towards the deck. She was aware her room was next to Lucifer’s and Vi’s… and so she was doing her best to remain as quiet as possible as she moved. Maybe he’d just think she was getting some fresh air…

Although...

If Proxy could bring her back to this place… then could she get away?

Kaitlyn took a breath.

She had to.

She had to at least tell Clay what happened… after what he’d done for her…

Kait lifted her head and braced herself. This was going to hurt…

...but it wouldn’t hurt anymore than she’d already been hurt.

She was going to come out of this stronger.

Somehow.

Kaitlyn began tearing across the terra, a half run, half limp as she made for the closest territory away from the ship…

...and barely made it to the wash before her trembling body threatened to give out from under her. She slowed to a stop, wild green eyes scanning the horizon.

...would the demon King follow her?

...would his queen?

Panic began to set in, her mind whirling. She felt sick… and half debated about turning right around and making her way back to the ship. She wasn’t sure what the right choice was anymore. She was scared…. Gods she was scared… could anyone really help her anymore?

Kaitlyn's current avatar is by Fox on Ardent. Stock is from CastleGraphics on DeviantArt.