size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Tealah

The Ooze Participant
02-01-2018, 07:39 AM
The young man showed great vigilance in his stance and gaze as the pair traveled along the border, something Gwenevere approved of heartily. It would have been easy to be lulled into a false sense of security, here within the bounds of the pack on such a quiet morning. The fog muffled everything and gave the world around them a sleepy, peaceful aspect. Beautiful, really - but beauty did not preclude danger.

She nodded sympathetically back to him as he spoke of his injury and his hope of no more raids. "There is always the possibility of a raid," she said, keeping her voice low as they moved, but then shook her head. "But I honestly find myself doubting that there will be another raid on Celestial for some time. The last took a great toll on both packs, and I doubt many others would be eager to risk themselves for so little gain. Far more likely we will find individuals and rogues, or predators, than a raid. It is much more difficult to detect an individual than a raiding party, so it is better to focus on that possibility to avoid overlooking smaller sign in our concern over a major incursion."

She raised her head to investigate a scent, catching the faint musk of a boar, but the spoor was old and had only crossed momentarily through one of the openings of the wall and back out. Boar were decent prey if you hunted in a group, but dangerous for the unwary. If this one returned they would need to keep an eye on it.