gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Monster
03-03-2018, 07:26 PM
The land between the cove and canyon was jagged, torn and malformed by the rise of the now dormant volcano that emerged long before any living being would have record of. The soil was soft, a ruddy mix of the red of the canyon rock and the darker sand the volcano produced. Slightly to the south a place of many dangers did lie, riddled with arachnids of all types.

All of this the beast found he did know, though in the foggy state of his mind he could not entirely recall when he learned these things. Daylight was nowhere to be found, only darkness and a vague sense of impending doom. Did this mean death drew close? What might it be that was killing the behemoth, he wondered, brows knitting together as he contemplated the issue in a relative state of calm that few would manage in his position. At last it hit him - a lack of air was stifling his lungs. The clarity this thought brought with it allowed him to begin seeking escape in earnest, dark body stretching and seeking escape from his prison. Movements were limited, little space around him meant he could not thrash or struggle. It smelled earthy... Pushing his crown upwards he found the soil looser, and so the titan stretched and clawed his way up, gasping as the soft earth gave way to open air at lash and he emerged from the confines he had previously been restricted to.

Golden eyes wide and bloodshot, chest heaving, the large wolf stood on unsteady legs as he got his bearings. Water to his right, the looming black form of a volcano in the distance to his left, in front a canyon and behind... Down a slope he found a cove, and in the faint dusky light he could make out what he thought might be faint movement. Yes, it was all just as he recalled. How did he know of these things? A pause and a few more deep breaths of sweet, sweet oxygen brought with them hazy memories. None were pleasant.

He'd had his fair share of bad mornings, but waking up buried sure did take the cake. Shaking the layer of dirt from his pelt, he sat down in an effort to better recover from his... interesting experience.