gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Monster
04-04-2018, 10:11 PM
Echo simply smiled and laughed at him as he was showered with the spray from her shaking. Poor fool, probably had no idea what he was getting into here. Batting her dark lashes innocently, Echo gave him an innocent 'oops' look before settling down.

Shrugging a shoulder, she just waited. Perhaps it was a lot to let someone ask you anything. For Echo, though, knowing she was in a whole new land where her past was many miles away meant that it didn't matter what she shared. No one was going to understand the gravity of what she did, not really. They didn't have the same customs, and the prey was far more plentiful here than back where she came from. It was like a different world entirely so what did it hurt to let someone else know a bit about her. Maybe next week she wouldn't even be the same person she described here. You never could tell.

The question had her smiling thoughtfully as she considered how to respond. Her tail slowly traced it's way back and forth across the mostly smooth surface of the stone, ceasing as she rolled onto her side facing Pyre. "Hm, the trouble is that many aspects of my life are deeply interconnected. Asking one question is like opening pandora's box; you expect one thing but a million things come tumbling out along with it." a small yawn parted her muzzle as she paused. Apparently all the travel and swimming was getting to her. "Alright, let's see. I suppose simply necessity. Where I come from, the prey is horribly scarce. There aren't enough smaller prey animals hanging around the cities where the wolves congregate, so those who can hunt in big groups and are able bodied have a far easier time hunting. If you are not so fortunate, you struggle to get enough to eat. I struggled for a while on my own, until I met someone who taught me it was easier to steal and trade the stolen things for the food we needed." She trailed off, growing quiet as she began to wonder whatever happened to said 'friend'. After the way they parted, Echo wasn't sure what happened to her. She wasn't sure she wanted to know. Honestly, Echo was still fairly convinced she was betrayed and it changed how she looked at her memories.