ardent

Jump Right In [Gael]

Flint

gems
size
build
player
07-06-2013, 01:39 AM

Gael's words struck a pleasant chord within Flint. To hear that most packs around here were welcoming or at the very least reasonable endeared her all the more to this strange land with strange wolves. It seemed to be a fair mix of adventure and relative safety, two factors that had dictated her life so far, but this was the first place she had found them coexisting. She eyed Gael once more, a sense of dull approval kindling within her. He seemed like a fine young wolf, and perhaps it was just her full stomach, but she didn't feel the need to verbally berate him into a pulp. She smiled, a rare thing in of itself. "I'm glad to hear that," she said. "I haven't seen many realms to equal Alacritis, no denying it." As the young wolf talked on she listened with keen interest.

The Whistling Willows, eh? Lovely name for a lovely place I suppose, she thought to herself. Looking at her surroundings once more she breathed in deeply. The scents of spring surrounded the two wolves, weaving around them as if the slender branches of the Willows were long, ethereal fingers wrapping them in a spell. Flint asked then, "You say your land is not far from here, is it as beautiful as this? My birth pack lived in a young forest. My grandsire said it was once an ancient stand of trees, trunks as large as three wolves wide, until I fire wipe it all away. Are there any places like that here?" Nostalgia had her deep in it's grasp, and there was no wriggling out of it. She hoped this young wolf was appreciating her moment of emotional weakness, and pitied him when she snapped back to reality. He'll think me insane, or unstable at the very least. She shrugged to herself. Then again, he may not be wrong...

Speech, Thoughts