gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Tealah

Treat 2019
04-17-2018, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2018, 12:06 PM by Enrico.)
Several of his pack mates were quick to respond to his call - the two young paladins, the warrior named Gwenevere, Laisren, and the alpha's daughter. He waited a moment, eyes studying the plains on the other side of the wall, but he couldn't see any signs of more pack members approaching. Well, perhaps that was for the best. He didn't want to put the pack at risk by taking any more of their members outside of pack lands, not with the reduced number they already had.

He turned his attention to those already gathered, and set himself to answer their questions quickly so he could get them on their way. "There is an injured bighorn in the oasis. Easy prey, perhaps, enough red meat for whole pack if we can get it. But we must beat other predators to it first. Come, hurry, we must return before someone else finds the trail, or he returns to the cliffs."

Turning with a summoning flick of his tail, he took off back along his trail with that mile-eating lope wolves are so good at. "He is young ram, broke off a horn and is bleeding out," he explained as they raced along. "Should be well weakened and easy prey, but outside of Celestial's territory I do not want to risk only myself, or even two of us, being hunting it alone. We will need lookouts posted for dangers to the hunters while they have their attention occupied. That will be you, Aurielle, and you, Gwenevere, and Domari." Aurielle as the youngest and, frankly, as the alpha's daughter he would prefer to keep back out of safety - a ram was still dangerous even when weakened, and he didn't want to be the cause of Regulus' heir being injured outside of pack lands - and Gwenevere as an experienced fighter to add experience to the younger wolves' strength. She might catch signs Aurielle in her inexperience might miss, and Domari was a good balance between the two.

"Justice, Laisren, and I will run the sheep like a hare, yes? Two to the outsides of his path to keep him turned away from his cliffs, and the third behind him pushing him hard until he stands at bay. Laisren and I will switch out as the runner if we grow tired. Then when we have him stopped, then two to keep his attention frontward while the third harries him behind until he falls. Justice is least experienced in hunting. I will keep her with me at his horns while you, Laisren, take him down if you can."

Justice was no hunter, but he knew how hot-headed the young paladin could be. It would be better to let work her physically rather than letting her sit and stew in boredom while watching. A bored sentry was a distracted sentry, so he would prefer the more patient Domari in that position while Justice ran off some of her energy. "Questions?" The sheep's blood-scent was hot in his nose now despite the distance yet to go, so he knew the ram was still there and most likely still alive. No sign of predators from this direction yet, so they could likely still have a chance to beat them to the meal.

OOC: no need to wait for posting order. I want to get this done as quickly as possible - the non-hunters can skip the hunt rounds if they want, just let me know so I don't wait on your post