gems
size
Small
build
-
player

Easter 2022Toys for Tots
04-17-2018, 09:01 PM
So some of you know I have been playing around with a skill-based dice roll system for fighting and hunting. I hadn't gotten more than a general theory for hunting but if you are interested in seeing what I had so far here is a general idea of it from the aborted alpha testing in Celestial fight training:

When you're assigned a partner, you will each post a round of your fight (in this thread please) with your character's name and your opponent's name, the round (please agree on the amount of rounds prior so we know when we're stopping) and your characters two skills with their levels. Whatever your character's skill points are when the fight starts is going to be locked in for the duration of the fight out of fairness.

Example:

Wolf A vs Wolf B
Round 1/3
Beginner Healer 10
Advanced Fighter 65

You don't need to go into as much detail in the post itself as a judged fight, but you still need to avoid power play and godmoding, because remember that's the right thing to do in any thread! Once that round has been posted for both characters, alert me and I will roll a die for each skill for each character.

But different levels of experience will count towards their likelihood to win! The skills will be matched up based on similar types first (like if they both have a fight skill that skill will be compared together and then their other skill will be compared) but in the event that they have completely different skill types they will be matched based on which ones are closest in points.

So how does that work? Well, if the two characters' skill is equal in rank, they will each have a D6 (a six-sided die) rolled for that skill. If there is one skill rank difference the higher rank rolls a D8 instead. Two ranks difference, a D10. Three a D12. Basically every rank higher than your opponent's rank gives two higher numbers you could possibly get. Once the two characters have a score for each of their skills, each character's two numbers are added together and the higher number wins that round.

Then, you move on to the next round! Remember, spars must be at least three rounds and preferably be odd numbered rounds to prevent ties. You need a clear winner to claim points for non-judged spars so we don't want ties if we can help it. But ties will be decided by a single tiebreaker round so don't worry too much!