Ascended

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
04-21-2018, 11:55 PM
Regulus Anatolii Adravendi

As Aurielle arrived, Regulus watched her with a faint, proud smile. She was all he had left of his little family – not including siblings and extended family – and he cherished her ever more for it. She carried herself with a dignified grace that was beyond her young age. This comportment was something she would need in spades soon.

He dropped an affectionate lick between her ears as they waited in a companionable silence for Gwen. The Master Legionary arrived soon after and Regulus gave the woman a faint, sad smile. He hoped she had some good news from the East, He’d learned shortly after her departure about Fiori’s fall, and he had no idea if Leo, her brother, was out there and alright. But judging from the tiredness he thought he could glimpse behind the smile she gave them… well.

He decided to save it for another time. Right now, it was time to set the foundation of a new age in Celestial. He sighed and settled himself, back straight. “I know I only recently promoted you, but… I need to step down soon, if not now. Naturally, Aurielle will take my place – early, yes, but she’s been ready before I expected her to be – but she will need a Right Wing who can guide her and is fully able-bodied. I have no personal worry that my leg will truly impede my ability to fight, but it’s not a risk I’d like to take with our home should someone forget Celestial’s reputation for throwing off opposition. Out of all the wolves here, I feel you would be the best choice as a Right Wing until she’s sure of her status and has the rhythm down enough to lead alone or have her own choice of second.”

He paused to let out a deep breath as he studied Gwen’s features before asking, “Of course, it’s up to you, naturally.”

He glanced down at his daughter, noting the quickly hidden surprise in her features and the growing look of understanding as she gave a mute nod, eyes gleaming with a fresh wave of determination. It was sooner than either of them had expected—he hadn’t intended to step down until her second year, but perhaps sooner would be better.

After all, her first season would be in full swing right when she was taking the place of Archangel with the original plan. This way, she had more time to prepare and plan around the distraction. According to his mother, the heat had been one of the most annoying parts of leading. You couldn’t always abscond with your mate to a far corner of the land and enjoy time together in private.

[Image: T8yHvja.png]