gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Athena I
04-22-2018, 10:52 PM

His grin, no matter how slight it might have been, got her to grin in return. The humor in his response wasn't lost on her and the tone of it made her feel like a lady speaking to a knight. It was oddly formal for their conversation, but she liked it. It reminded her of the times that her mother would try to get proper manners to stick in her head even though she could barely sit still long enough to listen most of the time when she was a child.

She couldn't exactly doubt his response when he told her that he was simply going for a walk since that's more or less what she had been doing. However, it still seemed like an odd place to be for a leisurely stroll. She gave him a mildly doubtful look when he glanced toward her and smiled a little when he went on to give her a more complete answer. She supposed this was as good a place to call home as any. It would work out very well for her given the fact that she needed to stay in the shade as much as possible, but she could see why it would work out for him, especially given that he seemed to like the isolation. It did make her wonder if maybe her running into him like this was a bother since that's why he stayed out here on his own, but she was quick to brush that thought away. After all, if he had really not wanted to talk to her he could have ignored her and walked away.

His questioning was completely justified since she just mentioned the fact that she usually avoided being in the sun. When he mentioned her pack she was a little surprised till she remembered the fact that he could have easily smelled the scent of everyone on her fur. It had been so long since she interacted with anyone outside of the pack that she had forgotten that was part of it. "I was actually getting a run in while it was dark. I like running through the sands cause it's a longer stretch of open land and it works my muscles more," she explained.

"It's part of my position in the pack that I need to be ready to run to other packs with news or to get information whenever it's necessary so I like to train from time to time... even though I haven't been doing a good job at my job lately," she glanced away with a frown at the end of her sentence. It wasn't really something she meant to admit, but sometimes she got to talking and didn't know where to stop. She was sure he wasn't interested in her shortcomings and self-doubts so she felt a little embarrassed to have brought it up.

"Talk" "You" Think