size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Tealah

The Ooze Participant
04-24-2018, 06:55 PM
Well that was certainly one way of getting her attention. From his first sentence, Gwen had been listening with weary acceptance, ready for him to demote her for negligence of duty. She had, after all, not only returned without tracking down what happened to Fiori and without speaking to the alpha of Abaven, but also failed to report to him immediately on her return. Regulus wasn't a particularly harsh alpha, but she would not have blamed or resented him for taking affront to her lack of action as lead legionary.

Instead he had her blinking in startled surprise when he began speaking of abdicating to Aurielle, and wishing for her to have an able-bodied Right Wing... offering it to her. Though the startled blink was all that broke through her usual calm, friendly demeanor, internally she was a little... well, poleaxed, to tell the truth. Once upon a time in her childhood, she'd believed that she or one of her elder siblings would inherit Seracia. She'd been a spoiled little princess then, and her whole world had come crashing down when her parents chose to leave the pack instead of passing the pack on to their children. It had taken her a long time to get over that, and longer still to forgive herself for her own hubris. She'd been resigned to her family no longer being leaders of this continent as they'd once been.

And here Regulus was offering her the secondary alpha position.

She smiled with a purely-mental snort of amusement at herself. Oh, don't be such a goose. He's not offering you the pack - he's offering you the chance to protect his daughter while she gets her footing, so she can lead. You're just the most experienced member he has right now that isn't crippled.

"I'd be more than happy to help," she said after only a slight pause for the whole thought process. "If Aurielle is all right with me as her second, I've no objections. I will do whatever I can to assist, whatever capacity that may be," she added with a nod of acknowledgement to Aurielle, directing the last words to the yearling.