Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Lolaf
05-02-2018, 12:48 PM (This post was last modified: 08-28-2020, 11:58 AM by Torin.)

I've learned to slam on the break before I even turn the key,
before I make the mistake,
before I lead with the worst of me.

Despite his unease, despite how tense he felt he wasn't sure he was really all that put off by her. She wasn't intruding so much as having simply inserted herself almost naturally into the scene. That was probably the thing that struck him the most, she was slow and calm and the silence that stretch between them felt natural and not the awkward thing he was used to; the silence that demanded it be filled or things would degrade even further. Instead they would stand in silence between their sparse conversation and it felt natural.

She spoke and he listened patiently, she spoke of a pack he was aware of to the East and as she finished speaking he found words falling from his lips, things he had not planned to say but he vocalized regardless. "Do you want to go back?" He rumbled, avoiding her gaze. "I could take you there is you wanted."

What was he doing? He had a pack of his own to look after and yet here he is, offering to trek halfway across the continent to help a total stranger. That was so him, so willing to throw himself at anyone who could use his help without thinking through the consequences.

"Silent treatment" & Deep thoughts

Image by Lynx!