gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
keanai
05-13-2018, 01:34 PM
Lykos listened quietly to his brother blow up. In that, he hadn't changed, but the words coming out of his mouth - yes, Dragon had changed, and he dipped his head in acknowledgement of the words. "I never said you didn't fight for them, but yes, based on what you just said - you did change. Before, you never really fought. You just... accused. Not once in my childhood did I feel you were there for me, or that you would fight for me; I always felt that you and Kharnage always wanted to see my downfall. In that, you've definitely changed.

"Mercy was... more family tome because she was the only one who'd listen to me. Who was there for me. Gryphon was always distant; even he wasn't there for me until recently, it seemed. You and Kharnage hated me more than anything; there was no way I could go to either of you for anything. And mother... after the incident... you say I always had a place, but would you want to stay in a place where your own mother believes that you are no better than a cheating, lying man who abandoned his pregnant mate? Would you feel welcome, loved, if that's all your family viewed you as? All your mother viewed you as? As a traitor, for having a friend to confide in? Yes, I could have stayed in the pack, but I wanted nothing to do with people who would believe that of me. And you, Dragon, just immediately believed her without hesitation. Never bothered to learn my perspective, never learned that I had felt betrayed and hurt by you and Kharnage for months before that. Perhaps, in hindsight, I could have talked about that, but I don't think a single one of us easily shares those types of feelings, even now. Perhaps things could have been different, had I shared that with you. My indecision, my hesitancy, especially when she first made me heir.

"I guess my point is, I never felt that you guys were here for me in a very long time. You and Kharnage specifically, I hadn't believed it since the end of our time in Imperium. Mother, when the incident happened. Not once did I ever feel that I could depend on you guys, or that you were here for me. Not once. In fact, it was quite the opposite. It seems that that issue there could have been solved if either of you had said that, too." He chuckled quietly. Big communication issues, huh? "Lots probably could have gone different if we actually talked to each other, instead of all of us just assuming. "