Epiphron

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium

The Ooze Participant
07-08-2013, 12:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2013, 10:03 AM by Epiphron.)

Maverick would never be a burden to her -- she was sure of it. She could envision her life with this man being much like her father's relationship to her mother. Loving, loyal, and true... her memories of Guinevere were vague, but she remembered that the kind of love that she shared with Cairo was something she wanted for herself. With a soft sigh, she allowed herself to brief press herself into Maverick, shivering at the feeling of fur brushing tenderly against her own flesh.

"I can only imagine," she said wistfully. She could only imagine what it would be like to have grown to power alongside someone, someone who become someone they weren't. Maverick's explanation of what had happened to Adette made everything make a lot more sense to her suddenly. And not only that, but he had lost a son. Epiphron wondered if Gerhardt and Cairo would get along -- they'd met at the wedding, but not spoken for long. It seemed they both had a lot in common. Taking in a child who betrayed you, who grew hateful and spiteful in spite of the values you'd tried to instill in them.

"I don't think Seracia would fail, but it sounds as though he might be happier without having to deal with being King." Epiphron was not stupid; being a ruler was not just a privilege, but a privilege that came with great, often burdensome responsibility. It was not an easy task, and often took a toll on a creature's personal life.
"Do you mean to say what I think you do?" She asked suddenly, her concern for Gerhardt slowly ebbing away at Maverick's's next sentence. She hadn't expected to take the throne so quickly, but she would do so with careful eagerness.