gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Iko
05-25-2018, 07:11 PM
The pup seemed to agree that the rapids could grow old after some time and Sparrow felt a little relieved. It was true and probably better to ruin the temptation from the area earlier rather than later.

Rhea said that she might be interested in hunting. Abaven seemed to be the home of hunters now. Sparrow wasn't terribly upset. Brandr and Corentine had been a leading force for some time and everyone liked a little extra food. Sparrow nodded as the pup spoke of fighting and hunting and how they didn't interest her.

Then she asked how Sparrow figured out what she wanted to do.

Sparrow swallowed. "I didn't," she said, avoiding eye contact. "Well I did, but it wasn't this. I wanted to be a healer and a mother, but things happened and Abaven needed someone to be the alpha after your grandfather."

Sparrow shrugged. She didn't need to bother the pup with too many details: how her father was supposed to be the alpha, how her grandfather ran off in a craze, how her taking power wasn't the pack's first choice of leadership nor her own first choice for life goals. For Rhea, it was what it was. The rest could wait till she was older.

"So I became the alpha," Sparrow said finally. "Think you'd wanna be an alpha one day?"