gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
05-30-2018, 07:56 PM
Her answer was somehow both relieving and inflammatory. Relieving because he was glad nothing had happened to her, and inflammatory in that it made him want to seek the mortal out and challenge his fragile claim to Serene. Her place (whether she realized it yet or not) was among the Abraxas and he would be damned if a lesser creature forced inferior offspring upon her.

Perhaps this would work in his favor, though. It was a devious thought considering how anxious the conversation was making her, but one he couldn't dismiss because its merits were many. Serene deserved to be among the Abraxas. He couldn't - wouldn't - say that about many mortals, but she struck him as worthy. If her claim of clairvoyance proved to be true that would make her a very valuable asset. So for that reason and for others he didn't fully understand, Malleus decided to see if he could use her nerves to convince her to stay.

Clearly peeved, he huffed and said, "Well, I'm glad you're alright." Of course he wasn't angry with her. The mortal who had propositioned her was lucky he hadn't touched her that day otherwise Malleus might have gone looking for him right then. He had to remind himself that Serene was not a pack mate and thus, he had no real obligation to avenge her.

Malleus searched Serene's gaze for a moment, then said, "You know, if you were part of a pack you wouldn't have to worry about him. I'd kill any mortal who laid a paw on one of my members." Pack scent alone was a good deterrent. The name of the Abraxas, too, would offer protection. By now their name had spread far and wide, and with it, the message that revenge would be swift and merciless.

"Malleus" - "Pascal"
Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.