gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Aaliyah
06-25-2018, 07:34 PM
❥❥There was more to her improved mood than Frost's excellent care, Star was beginning to settle into security once more. She felt it every day as she grew stronger and regained more of herself from the countless doses of poppy tea she had been forced to drink. The woman had never found water sweeter than when she had first opened her eyes and realized she was home and close to her pond once more. The silence while they ate didn't unnerve her, but she did find herself staring off into space as memories threatened to overwhelm her peace. It was so hard to fight the darkness back, but Star was more determined than ever to get back to normal. She didn't enjoy feeling so weak, so...fragile. She wasn't used to it. Frost's voice broke the gentle silence that had taken over for the moment, bringing her out of her mind and into the present.

❥❥ His question didn't surprise her, he had been asking it at least a thousand times a day, but she didn't mind his worry. Stardust was rather glad that her mate loved her enough to see to her care personally, and that he fretted over her condition made her smile rather than snarl. When he spoke, he kept his voice quiet and Star wondered if it was for her and the headaches she often had or if he was afraid of her answer. "You feeling better today?" His rich voice asked her softly. Star responded with a small smile and a gentle nodding, "I am. My muscles hurt and my head is constantly killing me, but I am getting better." She knew he hurt, knowing him for so long, Star knew when he was hiding pain. He was just as much of a mess as she was, and she blamed herself for being naive and trusting of others. How could she help them get better? What would be the best way to heal the passed months of separation?

❥❥ Stardust looked to Frost's handsome face and smiled, "I love you, and I am thankful that you are being so patient with me. Don't worry, I know I am safe. I am only waiting for the memory not to be so raw, and I will tell you everything. I just can't while the pain is fresh." The healing woman looked him over, then buried her face into the thick fur at his neck, making happy growling purrs that made her sound almost like a cat. He worried over what happened to her, she knew he did. She didn't blame him for wanting to know, he would want justice as she did, but she simply couldn't remember everything that had been done to her. What she could remember burned holes into her mind and heart, so she just tried her best not to think about anything other than recovery.

"Soothing voice." Quiet paws. Whispering mind. "Spoken to."
ART & HTML BY BIRD

The character you are currently reading is Stardust, as indicated by the red border around her pic.
If you would like a thread, just let Bird know via Discord or PM Stardust's profile!