gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Hit!
08-11-2018, 09:00 PM
Malleus would have lingered in her space, breathing in her scent and enjoying her presence, for several more seconds had Serene not continued on her way. Her move away from him was tinged with annoyance, but Malleus was oblivious to his beloved's chilly demeanor. He'd caught her smile and that was enough to convince him that she too was in a good mood.

With a spring in his step Malleus caught up to Serene, his pace slowing only once they were walking abreast.

The soft smile that graced his lips haltered and then flattened into a thin line as Serene's frosty voice washed over him. Uh oh. Perhaps it wasn't as good a day as he'd thought. "Oh..." His cheer faded. Give him a war to wage or a wound to tend and he'd tackle the problem with ease, but an angry pregnant woman? He'd tried and he tried, but nothing he did made her happy. He'd tried diplomacy, bribery, flattery. He'd doted some days and he'd steered clear others. Nothing, absolutely nothing, was to her liking. And still he tried. Not because he liked being the object of her ire, but because she was unhappy and uncomfortable, and because he couldn't begin to understand what was happening to her.

It was frustrating to say the least, but he wasn't at the end of his rope just yet.

"Say the word and I'll carry you wherever you want to go," he offered teasingly. "And if you want fish I'll catch you fish. Just make yourself comfortable," he said as they arrived at the creek, "And I'll bring them to you." Malleus waded into the water quickly, hoping to get in before Serene could even dip a toe into the water. Hopefully him going in first would discourage her from following and maybe, if he was lucky, she'd lay down at the water's edge and do as he suggested.

Once he was in the deepest part of the creek, Malleus stilled and waited for the fish to venture closer.

Malleus has a barbary macaque companion named Pascal. Unless he is mentioned IC it's safe to assume he's not with Malleus.