gems
size
Small
build
Medium
player
08-13-2018, 09:18 PM
Walk | Talk | Think

The girl was quick to respond to Antigone’s next question, but her answer came as somewhat of a surprise. She had assumed the girl had some level of healing knowledge based on the lavender she had tucked under the ribbon tied around her leg, but she hadn’t expected healing to be her motivation to travel. It made sense, though, to want to know where all the herbs where in the lands, and how that could be useful. But she also seemed to seek out others to heal, which came as another surprise. Antigone was a healer herself, but she had limited the use of her abilities to those in her father’s kingdom, never wanting to waste herbs on those who were unworthy. Her skill was not something she wanted to be exploited, as she had her sights set on much bigger things.

“All the healers I’ve known have settled in a den near a place where herbs are plentiful, they’ve all kept an extensive store and have had others come to them when they need assistance. I’ve never met a healer that travels as much as you seem to.” She paused for a moment, thinking again about the pros and cons of that kind of lifestyle. She knew it wouldn’t suit her, but she had to admit that the benefits of such traveling could prove incredibly valuable. “Have you found many good places to gather herbs?” She hoped the girl would be as helpful in answering this question as she had in the one before. The more information she could gather about this land without having to do all the footwork herself, the better. It would make it that much easier for her to find a place to settle.

A firefly drifted closer, and Antigone saw the change in the girls expression. She watched carefully, but there was nothing to imply that the tightening of her eyes was caused by anything other than the sudden brightness. “I’m sure many could find use in such knowledge. It’s a powerful thing.”

Table Code by Madi and Alice ;; Picture by Wolven-Wonderland