Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

ScarredOverachieverPride - PansexualVolcanoValentines 2020Christmas 2019
08-14-2018, 06:58 AM
Elias was his father, huh? How interesting. The pride was audible in the other man's voice, something that he could definitely relate to, as well as admire Tyranis for. There was little more intrinsically fulfilling as being close to family - and though Kai hadn't seen his own father for quite some time, it hadn't changed how much he looked up to the man. He was able to follow along to Tyranis' words, assuming that Ruina was the pack that the father and son shared... and judging by the way Elias had carried himself, it was very likely his pack even though Kai hadn't bother to clarify. His grin twisted into a brighter expression, nodding in understanding.  "This Ruina sounds like quite the place," he commented finally with a conversational chuckle.

His brows furrowed slightly at the mention of Abaven.  "Abaven? You don't say..." His grin grew more playful, deciding that this was quite the coincidence, now. The universe worked in mysterious ways, and he hadn't quite figured out what it meant by dropping Tyranis in front of him.  "Believe it or not, I was born in Abaven." He focused on Tyranis's face and tried to assess his reaction.  "I was only there until I was able to leave my mother's side, not that I remember much of being that young. I wasn't a proper member or anything," Kai shrugged, wishing now that he remembered more. His father never would've kept him there as a member, though likewise wouldn't have stopped him if he'd wanted to stay with his mother longer.. but pack life wasn't suitable for his family, and so wouldn't be for him, either. Sometimes he wondered what sort of life he might have if he'd stopped to question his father's way of life, but he was happy with himself and his lifestyle now, so didn't think to dwell on it for long.

It was hard to discern whether Kai was impressed or merely interested in what Tyranis had to say next. He'd run his own pack, though had been too young to truly control it, but trusted he could do so again now. Kai nodded, that playful smile still tugging at his lips despite his best efforts to soften his expression.  "You do strike me as the leadership type," Kai commented, only partially trying to flatter the handsome stranger. He had a certain boldness about him that was undeniable, and it seemed like he had no issue being honest with his emotions. Those were leadership qualities, he supposed. What was most important though was the desire and the will to leader, over anything else - if Tyranis truly had those things, he had no doubt he'd make a fine ruler. If any ruler could be considered fine, he had to think silently to himself, having long since decided he would refused to ever be ruled by another... but he supposed some wolves preferred that sort of order in their lives.