Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Fail!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
09-15-2018, 03:52 PM
TIED TO WHAT IS LATE, AIN'T YOU NOW

"Put your nose here."

Aureus eyed his sister suspiciously. It was never a good idea to put your nose where a sister told you to, you never knew what you were going to end up smelling. However, he decided to humor her but he only took a very light sniff. At first he didn't smell anything and so he took a deeper breath. It smelt a bit like the smell of the food that dad would bring home sometimes. "Hey… this smells like… like deer?" Aureus gazed back at her before sticking his nose to the ground and following the scent, trying to pinpoint where it was coming from.

He grinned and nodded eagerly. "Yea, like real hunters. Think how proud mom and dad will be when we bring home a deer!" He copied his sister's posture, head down, butt up as he crept forward. He found the scent difficult to track but with a bit of luck and determination they found a fawn nestled in the grass beneath a large oak tree. Aureus stared at it. "Huh… it seems kind of… I don't know, small?" The legs and pieces that Malleus brought home made them seem like really big animals. Maybe he'd just been imagining it or maybe he'd really grown big! Oh yes, he definitely had grown, like, a foot. Soon he was going to tower over his dad!

Aureus shrugged and nodded. "Sounds like a plan to me." He slunk off to the right, pushing his body low, finally remember to bring his butt down in line with his spine. The fawn knew they were there, he was sure of it. The nose twitched, the ears swerved but it didn't budge. He crept closer and closer. His hind legs scrunched beneath him and just as he was prepared to leap he head an angry snort! Aureus' fur stood on end. What was that? There was the stamping of a hoof and another snort and a shadow fell across him. He turned around to see a large doe standing behind him. "Uh…. Felicity…."