Somnium

gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy

ScarredOverachieverPride - PansexualVolcanoValentines 2020Christmas 2019
09-17-2018, 04:30 PM
It was a small world indeed, though the fact that he'd run in to so many of Daelos's family wasn't exactly helped by the fact that he'd stayed relatively close to her homelands recently. At least, relatively close, when it came to his own typical aimless way of wandering. He had to admit, despite his deep-seated need to be ruled by none other than himself, it was nice to have some constants in his life. Friends, and knowing exactly where you could find them, was one thing he was growing fond of, despite knowing he couldn't offer them the same thing in return. It was hard to properly decipher her reaction to his words, unsure whether she was pleased by him knowing some of her family members or not. Given that she'd just admitted to getting to know them relatively recently, perhaps he should expect a fair amount of uncertainty? Either way, he wouldn't press the matter further - he doubted he'd ever catch any of them together, anyway, so knowing the three of them mattered little in the long run.

He listened as she described her current worry, which was trying to prove herself to Elias.  "Equal in size to you? Hm." Kai raised a brow, trying to envision what sort of prey might fit the bill. She admitted to not wanting to be a fighter, which was apparently the only other option. Kai wondered if all packs were quite so structured, with specific tasks laid out in order to gain position within their ranks, and decided that this was yet another reason he valued his freedom. Taking down large prey seemed a fairly frivolous task, at least in his eyes, and not something that would determine one's worth or true ability.  

Daelos admitted that she wished she could simply do what she was good at, and interested in.. which was obviously plants and their various uses. He nodded, wishing he had an answer for her. He didn't mind her complaints, not at all, and shook his head dismissively. "Don't worry about it. I have ears for a reason, and part of that reason is listening to complaints from girls as pretty as you." He wiggled his ears slightly comically, chuckling softly, before going back to the topic at hand.  "Mind if I ask, though... are there any rules for these tasks?" Kai flashed her a playful grin, the gears in his mind turning as he scrambled for a solution. "I mean, I could always help you hunt something and you could claim it as your own kill. Or say nothing at all." Kai shrugged. Pack rules were stupid, in his mind, and he had no qualms against Daelos trying to cheat the system if it helped her maintain her rank and continue to focus on what she loved doing.