gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
09-23-2018, 06:13 PM
But you'll never find the answers, until you set your old heart free

Lydia carried on, enjoying the sight of the numerous plants of the prairie. It was humbling to realize how many of these plants she didn't know the name of, let alone if they had any useful healing properties. As she turned around a bend of the stream she saw what she was looking for. Gobs of tiny white flowers were swaying in the breeze farther into the prairie land. Excellent, luck was on her side tonight. At least that's what she thought until she heard man clear his throat. She turned and felt her heart plummet into her stomach. Standing before her was one of the Abraxas. She was familiar with the markings and with the young man himself. He'd been one of the pups of Amon and Naamah. She'd taken Pyralis' young pups to see them when they where younger and it shocked her as much to see how much he'd grown. Had that much time really passed.

She didn't answer his question immediately, she just stared. The gears in her head were whirling. He didn't seem to be particularly aggressive but that didn't mean anything. She was just a weak mortal after all. Why would he need to prepare himself before dragging her back to that awful family? And yet, his question was odd. Why make small talk? Why not just state that she was going back to the Abraxas. Was he trying to trick her? Her eyes narrowed slightly and her voice wavered. "I… I mean… what, what do you want with me?" Her ears flicked back and she tensed, her fur standing on end. She knew she wouldn't win in a fight against him. She wanted to flee but she also doubted her ability to outrun him. She'd been traveling all day, would she have the stamina to outlast him?