Lydia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
09-23-2018, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2018, 07:15 PM by Lydia.)
But you'll never find the answers, until you set your old heart free

Lydia steadied her breathing to keep her head clear as her heart rate increased. Her sapphire eyes remained fixed on the man's face, searching for malice, searching for the dropping of his facade and the spark to attack. To her surprise it didn't come. The young man looked completely put out by her question yet she didn't drop her guard. This could be a trick. The young man slipped into a laying position and her eyes searched his face, desperate for any clue.  Could he truly be sincere? Perhaps it was just that he didn't recognize her? Again, she hesitated to answer his question, still to shocked at running into one of the Abraxas to fully bring herself to action. Yet, as she gazed into his eyes, she felt more than certain that he did not recognize her. Further more, she dared to believe he speaking sincerely in that he hadn't meant to frighten her.  One ear flicked forward as she looked him up and down.

He backed up a few feet and her fur started to calm itself, yet she did not entirely relax. It was possible this young man was on the hunt for a mate to spread more of his miserable kind. Though, that seemed unlikely. She was short compared to them and light in build. Not the sort of dame that would lead to massive, muscular war machines. Not to mention she was at least twice his age! Though she doubted the Abraxas cared much about that at long as the woman was healthy.

The young man spoke again.  Gaios.  She remembered the name now. Wetting her lips she prepared herself to speak but as her mouth opened nothing came out.  Should she lie?  She could make up a name and yet she didn't trust herself to keep to it. She wasn't the sort to lie and she doubted she could keep a con up. Knowing her luck he'd call her by her false name she she would carry on as if he spoke to another. By giving her name perhaps she could trigger a memory, or maybe nothing. Maybe he really would have no idea who she was. Her name lost to a sea of unimportant facts, after all she was not an Abraxas. He'd have had no need to really know her name.

"Lydia… my name is Lydia.  I um… I'm sorry it's just…" How much should she say? "Your markings bear a resemblance to some less than savory characters I've met." Her eyes continued to fixate on his face.  Spirits above he really didn't seem to be acting at all. She chanced a glance at the yarrow waving gently in the breeze then back to the man.  She didn't really need help gathering an herb like yarrow but she was intrigued despite herself. For a child of Amon he didn't act at all like the older man. "There's some yarrow farther into the prairie… if you like you can accompany me."