denial

Tyberius

gems
size
build
player
07-09-2013, 01:05 AM

TYBERIUS.

A female's voice startled him out of his reverie and he turned around slowly, his lip curling to reveal his teeth. Who was she to interrupt him? No matter, he would take it in stride. Perhaps she could be a good source of entertainment, if he didn't scare her away first. He calmed himself down, hiding his pearly white teeth once more as he glanced her over. She was almost the same size as him, although she had more muscle mass, for sure. Someone had been eating well recently and it wasn't him. Her light fur made her stand out like a sore thumb against the night, fur that would only do her well during the winter months. From the words that came out of her mouth, she wasn't a threat. Not that it mattered to him. He'd bother her all the same.

He opened his mouth to speak but she'd already taken a few steps backward, away from him. "Where do you think you're going, darling? Disgusted by the sight of me?" He laughed in an unamused way, more of a scoffing sound than anything. "Can't imagine what it would be like to be missing a part of you? To have it torn from you in the most painful way?" This was an insight into his soul that no one else had yet seen. Tyberius could have been cracking in this very moment and no one would have known except for the white female before him. But he wasn't. This sort of banter took place in his head at times. It was very rare that it would ever see the light of day.

"I know," he continued. "It's okay. I've lived with this for most of my life, I understand everything." He had changed abruptly, still on track but no longer accusing her. It was just another mask to hide behind, another lie to thread for her. He limped toward her, only two steps, before stopping. Putting on his best imitation of his brother, Tiresias, he spoke once more. "Sorry. I'm Tyberius. I didn't mean to frighten or offend." Brother, you have served me well for one thing, he thought wickedly. His tail twitched.

"What are you doing out here alone?"

TAG: alessa! WORDS: 372 NOTES: oh jeez, he's a mess.