Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
09-30-2018, 08:31 PM

Blue drifted back into sleep, though she remained aware of the sounds around her. Every so often a breeze would whisk through the curtain of the willow tree and tickle her fur. Smiling like a fat cat, she snuggled into herself more. She knew that she needed to wake up, but she really did not want to. She had already slept in so late that it was a surprise nothing else had bothered her. However, her luck was short-lived when a clear “hello” resounded through her lazy slumber.

Eyes flew open, revealing the frantic blue pools beneath. Auds perked and her head popped up. Who could be there? She inhaled, examining his scent, and realized that he’d been near for a while. Scolding herself for her sore lack of environmental awareness, she lifted her frame to all fours. Limbs gave some resistance, muscles sore due to her sleeping position. She inwardly cringed when a muscle popped.

“Hello there.” She greeted coyly, ebony mug peeking from the foliage of the tree. Why is it so bright? She thought. It took her a few seconds to find the wolf that had stumbled upon her and her eyes finally began to focus on the brute standing just past her. Gaze fixed on his firm foundation, massive paws, before trailing slowly up his frame. With each second that passed her heart sank deeper and deeper. He was a giant. His fur was rather dark with mixtures of black and gray. Just like hers.

It had been a while since she’d been around others of her kind. However, she had never been this close to another wolf that she wasn’t related to. Ears instinctively flattened across her skull and her tail tipped in between her legs. She didn’t dare tear her gaze away from him. It wasn’t her intention to be disrespectful, but she’d never seen one as big as he was. Were most wolves that large? Was that how big she would get too? Regardless, she wasn’t in search of a brawl or a display of dominance. Perhaps, he would understand that and just let her be. If it was a fight that he wanted, then he would be sorely disappointed. This small pup didn’t present much of a competition.

::OOC:: How is the font in my table? Is it easy for you to read? I am trying to figure out if I should change the style or the color. :p
[Image: 2zg9453.jpg]