Kicking Down The Door

Lyrae

gems
size
build
player
10-01-2018, 05:04 PM

"Speech"

It seems she wasn’t the only one caught in surprise. The beautiful stranger stared back her, and Lyrae could get lost in the brilliance of her heterochromatic gaze. She was like the stars that Lyrae loved so much, a strange and distant beauty. Or was she more like the night sky? A strange awash of colors, dusk on a still lake, with her fire and ice compilation. Perhaps, for a moment, she could understand the urge that pushed through the soul of a poet. The need to find the right words, to put something so strange and wonderful and alien that her eyes could barely understand, to words that her heart could speak.

Then of course, the creature of her muse and stars would open her mouth, and the illusion the younger girl had build about her, as delicate as spun ice, shattered. There was no gentleness in her rich and lustrous voice, and Lyrae fell from the stars she had climbed to. Once again, she was speechless. Her carefully crafted thoughts, her ideas at sprouting wisdom and poetry to this creature of beauty, gone.
“I..”
The exquisite wolf backed up a few steps, the harsh words that fell from her lips began again. She brought her attention to another wolf, one that had completely passed her attention the first time over. How had she not seen that they weren’t alone? She was too busy being dazzled by a stranger.

Lyrae blushed demurely, confused beyond repair as she tried to pull some sense back into her addled brain. “Oo-oh, are you an Elementas too? I haven’t met many of my family.” she knew only her mother, who had passed, and her sister. All else in her family line she knew of through stores alone. But who was Mars? She couldn’t remember that name being spoken along with the rest of the Elementas line.

The pup who’s attention she had been called to before approached them, and she swiveled her ears as he spoke. “I-I’m Lyrae Elementas.” she begun, wondering just what on earth she had gotten herself into.

Art by Sigath