gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Mammoth HunterDouble MasterTreat 2019Promptober 2019
10-03-2018, 08:41 PM

Brandr grinned, pleased at his pup's enthusiasm though not surprised by it. They'd been begging to accompany their parents on a 'real' hunt for ages now. He nodded. "Yes, really. All four of us are going to hunt pronghorn antelope today. You two will be helping us chase them, but you must promise to stay out of kicking range. If a pronghorn kicks you, you could really be hurt." He hoped the children would heed his words but his fear for their safety could not be allowed to infantilize them. "Come on, follow me."

Brandr slipped his head out of the den and turned toward the direction where he'd spotted the herd. Pausing to make sure his family was following before he continued. He journeyed around to the far side of the lake where a herd of pronghorn antelope were grazing. The wind was neither with them nor against them and while most of the pronghorn seemed to be drinking and gazing peacefully there were a few that were restless, their heads up and on the look out. While they were still out of earshot Brandr gestured his family close and whispered.

"Ok, here's the plan. See that old doe? The one closest to the reeds? She'll be our target. We'll want to sneak up as close as we can and then Corentine and I will charge for the doe. Halation, Lucine. You have a important job. Bark and snap at the other antelope and get them running, while your mom and I cut off the old doe and take her down. Any questions?"

Brandr Speech  |  Corentine Speech