Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
10-08-2018, 10:05 PM
He couldn't help but to feel a little thrill when Shaye said she'd show him if she got the chance. He'd love to see the great birds that shed such vibrant feathers, and the lands the housed them. He was distracted from those thoughts, however, as she described the lands she was from. It all sounded quite interesting; he'd never heard of ducks or salamanders. He wondered what they looked like, and what it would be like to catch the quick critters. Maybe someday he'd find out.

He shook his head when she asked if he lived nearby. He pushed himself up into a seated position. "No, I don't live near here," he said, then added, "I guess I don't really live anywhere right now. Wherever I came from was really far away. I don't know how to get back. But that's okay. I don't need to anyways." His past was a mystery, something he didn't dwell on much, nor was it something he ever talked about. Perhaps he would address it when he was older, but for now his only goal was to find food every day, in whatever way worked best. Even if it meant asking a stranger to share their meal.

Wondering what they'd do now that they'd eaten and chatted a bit, he began looking toward the rocks just up the beach from them. "Do you think there's anything interesting to find on this beach?" he asked her, wondering if she'd seen things here before, "Something shiny or special?" He looked to her with wide, curious eyes, the pupil of his left eye dilated as always, hoping she might have some ideas of where to look.