size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Vail

Treat 2019
10-24-2018, 02:50 PM
Rhythm wasn't sure if she could accept her daughter's words to not be sorry, but she did hold a valid point. If she had to stay behind but had been able to give Treble a way out she would have forced her daughter to go. They were both safe now. One more of her children free from the slaver's grasp. She just hoped the others might not be punished for their escape. 

Treble was quiet as she explained where Rhyme had gotten off to, and wondered for a moment what her daughter might be thinking. Would she stay here with her? Go and find the pack her half brother now belonged? Or would she forge off into the unknown and create her own path? She was young and the world held many possibilities for the girl. 

Rhyme too had struggled with the thought of his half siblings, but despite their lineage she knew he cared about them. They were family. "He would love to see you, and I'm sure he remembers." he was one of the only reasons Treble had even been left with her mother when so many of her other siblings had been stolen away. "I wouldn't be surprised if he asked you to join his pack. Your uncle Bass formed Abaven back before I was even your age. You'd be welcome at his side." she smiled genuinely, sighing into her daughter's coat. 

Though her last question caught her off guard. She forgot what a different upbringing her poor child had suffered. A sweet summer child with out any real sense of how a free wolf was supposed to live. Rhythm grew more serious, she could tell the turmoil within from the tone of Treble's voice. 

"Treble," she started softly, trying to find her daughter's gaze despite the lack of sight in her own eyes. "You've been given an awful start in life, but you are a free wolf now. You have to forget everything they ever told you and listen to me." She had been there during the abuse, she knew the lies given to Treble and how she wished she could have corrected them. "You are my beautiful daughter. You are worth more than you know, and I will teach you all that I can about living a free life." She aimed to give her daughter a quick kiss on her chin. 

"A mate is someone you choose to love, someone you can count on. Unlike your sire, who forced himself into my life, a mate is someone you raise a family with." Rhyme had tried to be there for his younger siblings, but he couldn't replace what a real father could have been in their lives. "Some wolves out there are much like our captors, but there are more like your brother, Rhyme. Strong, kind, and compassionate. Worth loving."

Rhythm chuckled suddenly, getting away from the seriousness her conversation had wandered too. "Listen to your old mother rambling. I just want you to know joy, my sweet daughter. I want you to live like you were never able to while a slave."

Valentine may enter any of Rhythm's threads