size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player

Critical Fail!Treat 2019Promptober 2019
10-27-2018, 01:16 PM
TIED TO WHAT IS LATE, AIN'T YOU NOW

Aureus continued walking through the forest, jumping at the haunting call of a screech owl. Ok, he had to be getting close. Or, he thought he was until he saw the looming shadows in the distance that indicated canyon walls. Aureus was no expert on geography but he had heard stories about the Bent Canyon from his cousin Ashiel. He new the canyon was in the east which was not where he wanted to go. Aurry grumbled to himself but he felt a bit better to have a landmark. If the canyon was to the east then he just needed to go in the opposite direction to get back home. With a grin on his face he pivoted and started walking in the opposite direction.

Nearly an hour later his mood was somber again. He was cold and he was hungry and it felt like he'd been walking forever. With a huff the boy sat down. His feet were tired and rest sounded good… until he realized that sitting still suddenly made every noise seem louder and more sinister. He swore he heard pawsteps, and they were getting closer. Aureus leapt to his feet and turned to see a large woman standing there. His fur stood straight on end but as she spoke in a rather soft, gentle voice he gazed at her warily and then grinned, puffing up his chest. "Oh, well, I wouldn't say I know, know them, but I'm familiar with them. Do you need directions? I know where the canyon is!"