Loner

gems
size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Fox
11-03-2018, 06:49 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2018, 06:51 PM by Sephira.)

She knew it was true. Ignatius wouldn't lie about something like this, she knew, but that didn't mean she had to accept it. Not by a long shot. Something crystalized in that moment, and she knew that their elder brother's life was forfeit. She would give up her own to avenge their sister, if she had to. Otherwise how would baby Avis ever find rest? She bowed her head. "He will more than pay for it," Ig swore, voice stiff and broken.

Sephira looked away. "I always knew he was some sort of twisted fuck, but this?" Air burst from her lungs in disbelief, but you could hardly call it a laugh. "He better hope he finds a way to get himself killed before I get my teeth into him." Sephira was... uncharacteristically somber. Her voice was deadened and quiet, as if coming from a far away place. She wished more than anything to be living in a dream, where she could wake up and Avis would still be alive. This bit of news... it changed everything.

Her head whipped sideways as her brother came to lean against her. For a heartbeat she considered lashing out on instinct, but she knew it would be no use. It wasn't Ignatius she wanted to tear into, nevermind that she did want to wrap her jaws around something just then. But he was too far out of her reach for the time being. "He can't leave us alive," she murmured in quiet realization. Whether Ig had heard her or not she went on. "He can't. It's suicide. Either we go to him eventually, or he tracks us down and finishes the job. She looked to her fire-hued brother, eyes full of grief. "Ig we have to be ready.

She wanted to make him promise her. Promise that they would be ready for whatever Kaius brought down upon them. But she didn't, realizing that she was desperately afraid it was a promise that couldn't be kept. They would... figure something out. Eventually. Just because this was that worst thing to ever happen to them didn't mean they couldn't tackle it, just like everything else. She leaned into the warmth Ig offered, grateful that whatever the world had thrown at them, she still had her favorite brother by her side. It would.. maybe be fine. One day.

- SEPHIRA AGNIVO