ardent

This Love is Gonna be the Death of Me

Aspen

gems
size
build
player
11-16-2018, 10:19 AM
Perhaps the fall had disoriented her more than she originally thought, because it wasn't until the man was barreling down the side of the ravine after her that Aspen finally took notice of him. It was  bit alarming if she was going to be honest, seeing a male a solid foot taller than her come racing towards her shouting words she could hardly comprehend. She stammered back a few feet as he approached her, frightened more than anything, until his words registered in her mind and she relaxed a little. "Jumping crickets, you gave me a fright." She huffed, holding her injured paw close to her chest so she could feel her heart racing within it's walls. When asked if she could climb, Aspen craned her neck once more to peer up to the edge, and then once again looked down at her paw as a feeling of dread settled over her. "I'm not sure, it's a lot farther than I thought..."

Finally her mind would settle once again and Aspen could start thinking more clearly. Blue orbs widened as they turned to the sudden stranger, finally realizing just what he had done. "Goodness gracious, you could have just as easily hurt yourself coming down here like that. Then who would help us?" She would huff, but the second she could hear her own words she shut up. Gods, I sound like my mother. Giving a light shake of her head she would gently lick the top of her paw, wishing her tongue could whisk away the throbbing pain it radiated. A feeling of guilt washed over her once she realized how rude she was being, making the tips of her ears lay flat against her skull in a sulking manner. "I'm sorry, you came down here to help me, didn't you? That's very kind of you. Thanks." Aspen never was the best at accepting help when she needed it, but hey, at least she was trying.

"Speech"