gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Serene
11-17-2018, 12:33 PM
"Okay, okay, what about... Cinder?" Meeko, her ridiculously persistent raccoon companion pestered from his perch along her spine. He had been taking a nap along her back while she continued to travel across the new land, but once the sun started to go down he was awake and had recently been trying to convince her to change her name. It was his logic, that since she had washed up onto a new land, that she could start a new life, and the best way to begin again was to give herself a new name to go by. Not only that, but he had a bit of a hard time pronouncing her name right for whatever reason, so she would let him call her Aggie instead. Golden eyes rolled to the back of her skull, shaking her head slightly. "I like my name, Meeko. Why would I want to change it." She argued, scoffing at the idea of just discarding the name she had gone by her entire life. The name her mother and father had given her, the name her brothers called her by. Why would she want to change that?

She felt the weight shift along her spine, making her head tilt slightly in his direction to see what he was doing. He had rolled from his stomach to his back, ivy green eyes staring up towards the sky as his limbs dangled on either side of her body. "Have you ever seen something like this before?" His voice now soft, Aggie had to stop to see what he was talking about. After traveling for so long, her mind constantly picked by Meeko, she hadn't even noticed the world around her had changed. Gone was the daylight that she had known and in it's place were a thousand stars to light the way, shining bright even as the last light of day was streaking across the sky and the first glimpse of night began to make the journey in it's stead. Her eyes glued to the heavens, Aggie was amazed by the sheer number of visible stars. Mom would have really loved this... she thought to herself, and just like that the moment was ruined.

Her head dropped down, a feeling of sadness over coming her. Gone was the look of amazement and in it's place a familiar stoic expression took hold. Again her ember legs would begin the motion of one foot in front of the other, moving across the open plain with no particular destination in mind. As if sensing her sudden change in behavior, Meeko peered over her shoulder with a look of concern on his face. "Aggie? What's the matter?" She didn't answer him, letting silence be the answer he was looking for instead. Golden eyes laid on the path before her, glazed over as memories took hold of the forefront of her mind. Suddenly there was a tug on the scruff of her neck, making her head shoot up with a light curl of her lip. "Meeko, if you do that one more time I swear-" "Look!"

Golden orbs turned in the direction he pointed, finding her eyes drawn to a brilliant blue coat laying in the grass. It seemed another wolf was admiring the stars tonight. A sense of familiarity took over her upon glancing over his coloration, seeing a coat the color of the north. But the chances of finding someone from her homeland here would be outrageous chances. "Go introduce yourself!" He whispered angrily, hopping off her back at long last and pushing on the back of her forelimb. "Oh, oh! As Cinder! Introduce yourself as Cinder!" He added on quickly as she began moving forward, feeling very uncertain about the whole ordeal. She glared at her companion, but moved forward anyway, thinking company of another wolf was long overdue anyways. Once she got within speaking distance, Aggie would come to a halt. "Um... hey."

Gods she would hear about that introduction later for sure.

"Aggie""Meeko"