Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
player
11-21-2018, 05:53 PM
Novis nodded as she spoke, interested in what she said even if he disagreed. He was a bit taken aback by her cold tone, unsure if it was just to set the reality of what she was saying or if it was more directed at him. Had he offended her? He truly didn't mean too, though he was aware that he could be a bit oblivious at times. He shuffled his feet nervously as the dame finished. "I understand what you're saying... It's just I would like to avoid the subject of death until I'm forced to confront it. I can't stop it from happening and I know it's coming for us all, but it doesn't mean I have to like it." These words were soft and he refused eye contact for a few moments as he spoke. He looked more like a pup being scolded than the dignified adult he wanted to be.

The woman took his bait to change the subject, something he was glad for and perked up a bit. "Exploring? That sounds fun. I'm not much of an Information-Gatherer myself though. I just like to wander around and look at the new sights." He spoke without thinking, then realized that too might offend her. It might be taken more like disregarding her interest rather than just stating his own. "I not sure this helps you any in your information gathering, but I think I smelled some big herbivores some ways back, perhaps a moose or some musk oxen. I wasn't paying much attention..." He added quickly, unsure if he was digging himself into a deeper hole or actually helping.