gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Fox
11-25-2018, 01:08 AM

The older shewolf picked up her head and swiveled towards him, but her gaze didn't land quite on target. It looked to him like she was staring off over his right shoulder, and he even went to far as to check behind him to make sure he hadn't been followed by something. Nothing but shadows and fog. She said she was fine, and turned he back to her. "I may be blind but I could find home from anywhere," she claimed. His eyes widened in surprise, but he supposed she couldn't see that, huh? She carried on, introducing herself as Rhythm and claiming to live nearby. He swiveled again when she gestured towards the knolls, as if he'd be able to see it.

Admittedly, this whole situation was throwing him a bit off his game. He cleared his throat when she asked for his name. "Uh, I'm Orion. I don't really live anywhere, but I think I might've passed through there on my way here. Seems like it's... nice?" The end of his statement sounded more like a question, and he realized he was smiling nervously, trying to reassure her. But she couldn't see that, could she? Dammit. He blundered on, "You got here by yourself? That's really impressive, I doubt I could get very far at all with my eyes shut." Then again, he'd never really tried, so what did he know? His ears and nose were pretty good. Plus this wolf was practically ancient as far as he was concerned, maybe she'd been blind long enough to practice. He wasn't about to judge. "In fact, maybe you'll have to lead me out of here. This place is easy to get turned around in, just relying on my eyes at least."

Rhythm seemed nice so far, considering he'd only known her for several moments, but he felt at ease at least for now, and that was temporarily all that mattered. Orion hoped if he ever got that old he'd be able to get around as easily as she did. He took a bit of advantage of her sightlessness to quirk his head and observe the earthen shewolf thoroughly without feeling too weird about it. He wondered what had made a sweet old lady like her come to a place like this anyways, but figured it might be rude to ask.
"Talk" "Listen" Think