gems
size
Medium
build
-
player
Vivek
07-10-2013, 10:54 PM
She hesitated before him. After seeing him lash out at Gael before, and then so suddenly become so sad before their mother, she wasn't sure how to approach him. The girl looked down as he spoke her name, yet her ears perked, hearing how gently he said it. He held no contempt toward her. Then why... had he left? Looking up at him, she was surprised to see him come a bit closer, despite how muddy that she and these pack lands were at the moment. He was a bit taller than her now, even though when he left she could have sworn that they were roughly the same size. "I'm fine." She countered, and although her words were few, they were warmer than those spoken previously.

Her sister was far more candid with her feelings. While Lyric was open minded, it seemed that Surreal was openhearted. It was something that warmed her, and she couldn't help but smile at her sibling's greeting toward their vagabond of a brother. Perhaps she should stop thinking so hard on Gabriel and just act instead. As if to clarify that and make it a statement opposed to a possibility, her dark sibling's words were spoken. He answered her question and he had missed them enough to return. Her quirked lips lifted into a smile, her eyes loosing some of their hesitance. "We missed you too - I'm glad you're alright." The answer came naturally, it was the truth. There was much worrying over his disappearances within their family - of course this time was no exception.

Once he was older though, an adult... he would feel less of a need to return though wouldn't he?

"Mother will be happy to see you." Not to mention relieved. Seeing her worry that much less would bring a good bit of joy to Lyric. "The flood was awful, even though you vanished before it hit, we were still worried." She had wondered whether it had swept him away, her chest tightening at the thought of her sibling never making his return, never seeing them or speaking to them or seeing or speaking again. The girl cared for Gabe, greatly, it was just hard for her to attach to him when she felt like he would never stick around for long. "Don't do that again." Her ears folded back and she sighed, her words not biting, but faintly pleading. "Please?"