gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
player
Fox
01-01-2019, 01:43 PM

It turned out the woman had news from home after all, but it was nothing like what Nerys had been expecting. Another blow? She held in a perplexed scoff. All those years, all those battle and squabbles over land, and for what? Here with a land of plenty on the edge of reach. But it sounded like... perhaps it was too late. Nerys let out a long, withering sigh. "I'm sorry for your losses," she said in a quiet voice.

She introduced herself as Drifa and Nerys gave her a quick, polite bob of recognition. She claimed not to be a wanderer herself, and maybe Nerys detected a bit of wry disgruntlement. No, she couldn't relate to that much at all. "It's nice to meet you then, Drifa. My name is Nerys. I suppose I'm not sure what I'm looking for, but I have a hard time believing we're really meant to live and die in the same corner of the world." She shrugged, cutting herself off abruptly before she got too comfortable and said too much. She knew the world was full of unimaginable possibilities. If she was only going to live so many years, why spend them scraping at crumbs? "Anyways, I hope you find somewhere that suits you soon, then. Best of luck in your travels."

She was surprised to find that she meant it. The older shewolf seemed a bit world-weary, but kind. It was a pleasant surprise to meet a traveller from home who didn't spout vitriol at the slightest provocation, whether about other tribes or just whatever was handy at the moment. Drifa at least had made for pleasant company so far. Nerys let herself relax, just a bit.
"Talk" "Listen" Think