gems
size
Large
build
Emaciated
player
01-06-2019, 12:53 AM

THEY’RE TRYIN’ TO KEEP HEAVENS GATES OPEN LATE FOR ME

Evidently, his not-master was quite lost in her thoughts. It took a moment for her to turn to him and speak. There was a mania in her eyes that indicated worry and distress, when she cast her gaze his way. “Oh, Epitaph, i’m not ready to be a mother.” she whimpered, eyes glassy with tears. Oh. His chest clenched tight, instinct bidding him reach out and comfort her. Thus, he did. A creature of simple, physical intimacy, he sought to lean against her broad left flank and press his cheek to her left shoulder. "It will be alright, Miss Shaye." he promised in his soft rasp.

Her laugh lacked any mirth, and instead he was distinctly aware of her ire. “I guess this must be the hormones, i’m sorry, I didn’t mean to disturb you.” she added quietly. He huffed discouragement, shifting his weight back onto his own paws. He dared not sit down, lest he struggle to get back up again. He let his gaze shift about the den, assessing it. He'd taken care of a few pups, in between masters. Loaned out to those in need, until they could find a use for him. The frail man knew how to care for them, and what they required. Mostly. "I can help, Miss Shaye." he assured her, bobbing his head softly.

"Use river stones to build a step at the entrance, then cover it with mud." he offered, glancing from the incline that led to the outside world and to the woman. "Faster." he added, taking one awkward step towards the entrance. With a task at hand to help his not-master, he felt more comfortable. Confident, even. A few smooth stones would prevent any youngsters scraping themselves up on hard edges, while still acting as a barrier between them and the world beyond. A serious look was cast in the direction of his not-master. "I will help you care for these children." he said.

"speech"