size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Vail

The Ooze ParticipantFamousTrick 2019
01-19-2019, 05:21 PM
Shaye clung to him desperately, and he held her back. He didn't know what it all meant, or if it changed anything between them. Rhyme could feel it though, the pain in his chest that told him this couldn't last. But he held her like he would never let go. She cried into his fur and he felt the emotion in her voice. Shaye was confused and lost.

He tried to keep himself restrained to just being her shoulder to cry on. She'd made it clear when she'd run from him that morning if he didn't want to be hurt further he had to have more control than when he'd been a drunken mess. Rhyme managed to keep himself from giving in but then her voice was in his ear again.

"I love you."

Rhyme froze. His heart thudding hard against his chest, with his breath tight and his skin growing warm. He grit his teeth, knowing he should hold steady but wanting so bad to give in to the fragments of his heart. Those three words made him want to both sing with joy and weep in sorrow. Shaye loved him, he'd known deep down in his suppressed thoughts but he'd been unable to acknowledge the fact to keep himself protected. But here they were.

"I know." he whispered back, his voice shaking as he continued. "I love you, too." He admitted with more strength than he'd expected. "But it hurts." Rhyme confessed the pain he felt at having to deny the fact. He'd mostly relaxed now burying his features into the baby soft fur behind her ears. She couldn't keep doing this to him, he'd only just built his walls only to have them leveled in a few moments.