Typhon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
01-20-2019, 01:41 PM

Almost instantly Typhon felt like a fool for worrying. Of course she was just out here hunting, what else would she be doing? He shook his head, looking much more sheepish than he meant to, as he tried to compose himself. "Ah, right," he acknowledge her, clearing his throat and nodding in understanding. He truly hoped he didn't seem too ridiculous, or too.. overbearing? He'd never really had anyone close to him beside a family member so he'd like to say he wasn't the overbearing type, but he wasn't sure that was exactly true..

"I'm sorry, hopefully I didn't scare off whatever you were hunting," Typhon added quickly, truly feeling a bit bad if he had ruined her hunt. Perhaps they could try again? If not tonight, then tomorrow, he hoped. "I was... well, I noticed your scent heading this way and wanted to make sure you were alright."

The truth was that he'd been having some less-than-pleasant flashbacks to how her body had looked being carried by the waves of the flood that had struck the canyon, and how close she'd come to death. She'd fully recovered now, but it'd taken awhile and he'd been worried at the thought of losing her. He knew his family didn't exactly have the best reputation wherever they went and he wouldn't put it past an enemy to harm one of their own (and he definitely considered Zinnia one of them, now), and the thought had taken over his already-anxious mind. "But I'm glad you're fine, even if it's my fault you're left hungrier than you hoped." A slight, rare smile crept over his lips as he glanced at her, taking a few steps closer.

© argent 2017