Typhon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
02-05-2019, 08:35 AM

Everything they'd been through for the last few seasons - all the weird, misplaced feelings and awkwardness - seemed to make sense all at once as two became one. He truly felt as though every moment in his life had been leading up to this moment, and though time had seemed to slow down... at the same time the night had been a blur and was over nearly as soon as it had started. It was suddenly close to dawn, the sun beginning to creep over the horizon and cast a glow across the skyline. He cast his gaze to the horizon with a content sigh, curling himself tighter against her. These new feelings were strange, but not at all unpleasant - just new and still quite unknown to him. He had a lot to wrap his head around, but all he wanted to do now was lie with her and breathe in her sweet scent.

He returned the gentle smile, feeling his heart do a flip at the way she was looking at him. "I can't imagine wanting any other," he told her gentle, placing a soft lick on her cheek. Around Zinnia, he felt much calmer, as if the anxieties that had plagued him since birth could be temporarily forgotten about. If this wasn't love, he couldn't imagine what love would look like; how could anything be better than this? He realized he was sighing contentedly again, lowering his head to rest it against her neck. "I'm so glad I didn't lose you. Back in the flood, I mean. I love you, Zinnia." What this meant for his life he wasn't sure, and though he wasn't sure whether or not he was ready for children... he couldn't help but hope for them, not that it'd be such a bad thing if they had to try again...

© argent 2017