Lydia

Loner

gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
02-10-2019, 05:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 05:05 PM by Lydia.)
Knocking on the door of the house of mercy

Lydia wracked her brain, trying to decide what to do. He was out of the water and beneath the warm buffalo pelt but she knew she'd need to get him to shelter. Once night felt it would only get colder and this far north storms could spring up swiftly. She could probably carry him on her pack but then what about her pack? She didn't want to just leave all that hard work behind. She supposed she could carry the boy to shelter then return for her pack. She doubted it would be of any interest to other animals. Though perhaps she could place him on top of the buffalo pelt and drag him that way.

"Momma?"

Lydia froze as she gazed at the pair of silvery eyes peered up at her. "I'm Lydia. Is your mother with you?" She wasn't sure if the boy understood her. He seemed so out of it. She glanced around again but still saw no sign of another wolf. Even when she scented the air she caught no signs that anyone had passed through apart from her and the boy. Lydia thought of howling. She didn't care to attract attention, especially with an ailing pup at her feet. The winter to the north had been harsh and it was unseasonably brutal in the east. Predators were behaving more aggressively than in past years. No, she better not risk it.

"Can you stand? If you lay on top of the skin I can take you back to my den where you'll be out of the wind."

"Talk"