size
Extra large
build
Medium
player
Tealah

Valentines 2020
02-15-2019, 01:44 AM
Chaos had decided on a whim that he was going to go hunting today, but he hadn't been particularly interested in chasing rabbits or squirrels, or go looking for someone else to take down something bigger. So when he'd found himself at the river, it had occurred to him... fishing! And of course he'd congratulated himself on his brilliance and set off down the bank seeking out where the fish were hiding. There, a quiet pool where the bank was high and gave him a vantage point. He crept closer, and saw the long, greenish, viciously toothed form of a pike. Oooooh both delicious and fun.

He settled his paws, then carefully hopped into the air and, streamlining his body, dove into the water on top of the fish.

It was then that he realized what a mistake his brilliant idea had been. It was cold, like ice-forming-around-the-edges cold, and the shock stunned him and nearly drove the breath right out of him. Luckily reflex had him snap when his muzzle drove down against the cool slimey skin of the pike, and his fangs pierced the unprotected body.

The pike went mad in response, flailing away and between that and the cold it was all he could do to make the surface. He had to snort out water that had been driven into his nose before he could suck in air, and he found himself unexpectedly closer to the far side of the river than the near side. Still fighting the pike, he struck out for shore and was finally able to scrabble up onto the bank. He threw down the pike, pinned it with his forepaws, and then leaned down to refasten his teeth into the pike's head, finally killing it. He dropped it back to the ground and shook himself violently, spraying icy water everywhere. Brr!

Only then did he glance around, and realize that he had come out onto the shore rather near to a young stranger who, he realized with chagrin, had probably caught the brunt of the cold shower. In apology he bestowed upon her his most charmingly boyish grin. "Nice day for fishing, isn't it?"

Help keep my thread list updated so your thread isn't forgotten!
Unless otherwise mentioned as absent, assume that both Great Horned owl companions are nearby
Chaos speaks in a strong lisp, which I am usually too lazy to write