Typhon

Somnium

gems
size
Large
build
Heavy
02-23-2019, 09:46 AM

Typhon was curious, and not solely because he wanted to enact punishment on him if his answer proved unsavory. Truthfully that thought was farther from his mind than it probably ought to be, and instead had been overrun by a fierce curiosity. He wasn't sure Rain would answer his question at all, especially given the way his eyes widened and he briefly looked away. Ah, well. He could always leave him to continue collecting his peppers and move on with his day, without too much bother.

But he spoke up, admitting he'd heard what many other wolves thought and didn't know what to believe himself. Interesting. He nodded carefully, deciding against saying what he was truly speaking - that those other wolves were wrong. He knew arguing would get him nowhere and if Rain wasn't fully convinced of the power of the Abraxas line by now he doubted having a few sharp words with him by now would change anything. His doubt seemed genuine rather than contrived and he wasn't entirely sure he could blame him; he wasn't at all like Zinnia, who's life had been saved by him and who'd thrown herself headfirst into their family's culture without question, but he wasn't sure that was such a bad thing... so long as he didn't try to sow seeds of doubt into anyone else's heart.

Typhon merely nodded. Sometimes being normal was enough? "I suppose," he replied cautiously. Personally he couldn't pretend to believe Rain, to believe that the Abraxas simply wanted to be superior - they simply were - but then again if he wasn't part of the family perhaps he might not see that. It was hard to know for sure. What he truly believed was that Rain would see the truth over time, the longer he spent here with the Abraxas. "Though whatever you believe, I would suggest keeping those opinions to yourself, especially if asked by.. the higher ups in the Empire." It was hard to imagine someone like Malleus reacting well to even an inkling of doubt, and Typhon was reminded suddenly of how his own antics had gotten him banished from his family at a rather young age. He felt a similar fearful shiver crawl down his spine, though tried to ignore it for now. He offered a tight-lipped smile to the smaller male, as well a slow dip of his muzzle. "Thank you for your honesty though, Rain. I'm sure I'll be seeing you around."

- exit Typhon -

© argent 2017