Loner

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
02-23-2019, 07:14 PM
Taktuq let out a shuddering sigh, his ears drooping. Orabelle advanced toward him, and while he did not run, he leaned back away from her, muscles tense. As if time came to a stand still, the mature female placed a gentle paw on top of his floppy foot. His first contact with an Outsider. He did not burst into flames, he was not struck by lightning, wolves did not attack from the trees. Her touch did not hurt. His heart raced and his attention was more so on their connection rather than their words. He managed to hear her question which brought his eyes up to meet hers.

He wasn’t allowed to speak of his pack. Taktuq and Orabelle were not allowed to speak to one another. And yet here they were together in the cold and muck. A chilly breeze ruffled the wolf’s thin fur and he swallowed hard. ”My mama…” Her face appeared in his mind. Teeth always flashing from a lack of an upper lip, one crazed eye. She had been harsh his entire life, but he missed her so terribly. Her animosity and venom never seemed to affect Taktuq for he loved his mother desperately. ”Mama told me I couldn’t stay.” Taktuq said softly, absentmindedly leaning forward to take in a deep breath of Orabelle’s scent. ”Said, my mind,” he began as the paw underneath Orabelle’s started to tremble. ”Said my mind was fog. The shakes…” Taktuq tried to concentrate on controlling his wiggling toes.

It occurred to him that Orabelle had not commented on his tics. In fact, she seemed to pay no mind to them. Confused by this, Taktuq stared thoughtfully at the female wolf. ”I can’t make them stop.” he continued. ”Taktuq is fog.” he tried to explain. The wolf did not know in this moment or any that took place before that his name was a living insult. “Mama said I am broken. The All-Mother didn’t choose me. Mama said she didn’t choose me. I’m not allowed to...go home.” Every word felt like a violation, a betrayal. Because of his only known way of life, Taktuq did not think to explain further. Surely all wolves knew of Akna? The thought that Orabelle may not know what he was speaking of wasn’t in the realm of Taktuq’s thoughts. ”I don’t know what I did wrong.” These words were true. Taktuq had done nothing wrong and his outcasting was the result of sick minded wolves committing sick sins. It was not and would never be his fault, but this is something Taktuq would never understand.