Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Medium
player
Glacier
04-02-2019, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2019, 04:03 PM by Astraios I.)

He listened to the soft ‘hmm’ of her voice, and closed his eyes against the pain. His mother had made such a noise in his childhood, only hers had sounded so much more teasing and gentle, hmm she would whisper as he told her what he knew like he knew everything in the world. Hmm she would tease as she proved that he knew very little, in a way that only encouraged him to learn.

He chased away the memory, knowing how easy it was for him to get trapped in the past. It didn’t matter how much he missed her, he had reached an understanding that she was gone, even her shadow, which occasionally led him on merry chases, was only a shade. She would never, truly, return to him. Death was the end.

Leera spoke of children loving their parents, and questioned if he himself was a man of honor. Was he? He honestly did not know. “Honorable? No.” he said softly, looking towards her then, this mother, and tried harder to bury his memories of his own. “I am what my life has made me, and that is not an honorable creature. One day, I will find the monster who murdered my mother, and there will be no honor with me on that day.” He breathed past the pain, the small broken thing that he was, before wrapping himself back up, so she could not continue to glimpse the frayed edges of his sanity. “The man who became my father, he is honorable, he promised me he would teach me to fight, he gave me a life when I had none.”

"Speech"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Astraios is broken, mostly mute, with a death wish