Ara

Somnium

gems
size
Medium
build
Medium
04-09-2019, 09:19 AM
Somehow, Ara had learned to treat death with a stoicism that only years of life experience could've given her. Only the thought of losing Novel for the second time, and for the final time, shook her to the core.. not that she'd made much mention of it. Death was part of life, and had been since she was young. As a child she'd realized quickly her parents were older than most, about her age now when they'd passed, and she'd experienced what the end looked like. Elohim's death hadn't exactly surprised her, but she hadn't been fully prepared for it, either.

She nodded, openly appreciative of his words. "Thank you," she replied quietly, pausing as if taking a moment to refocus her thoughts. "I appreciate that offer, but we're as comfortable as we can be here. It reminds us of our youth, when life was... simpler." Ara thought to say when things were easier, but they'd been anything but easy back then. Briefly she thought back on all the trials they had gone through together. Things were much easier now, though more difficult in some ways as they tried to navigate the end of their days together.

"I did want to give you something, though. I know you mentioned one of the children in Lirim might be interested in healing?" Her memory wasn't great, but she remembered a conversation regarding this when she'd joined last year. "I won't be needing this for much longer," she said somberly, slowly lowering her head and twisting until the satchel she always carried fell off to the ground. It was currently empty of herbs, only some loose petals from the periwinkle flowers she'd gathered remaining inside. It had been tattered when she'd found it, though was even more worn now, and smelled strongly of the various plants she'd used it to carry over the years. "Maybe one of them might be interested in this. It's proved immensely useful to me over the years." She shrugged, hoping it found a home that might use it as much as she had, but she'd never been tied to material possessions and in the end she knew it didn't matter too much where it ended up.