Loner

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
04-17-2019, 01:51 PM

WHY WOULD YOU MAKE OUT OF WORDS, A CAGE FOR YOUR OWN BIRD?

Tension in her slender form jammed shoulder blades and elbows into his svelte ribs. He held fast for a moment, and once she leaned her weight against his body, he curled his tail around her rump. Harsh, hiccuping sobs wracked her body. He carefully laved his tongue over her features, clearing away each tear as it tumbled free of her eyes. The more he spoke, the harder she pushed into him for comfort. Carefully, he lowered his rump to the ground. He was more stable now, and could take the brunt of her weight even if she chose to collapse entirely. His right forepaw lifted, crossing over his chest to grasp at her gently. Gentle, soothing sounds whispered past dark lips as he attempted to appease her. When her face pressed into his neck, he adjusted his own neck so he could tuck her delicate skull beneath his chin.

”Thank you, Roma.”

A contented hum rumbled through his narrow chest, pale gaze sliding shut. "I only speak the truth, Belle." he murmured tenderly, still holding her tight with his forepaw. It was hooked around her left elbow, pulling her into a half-assed embrace until she decided whether or not she wanted to remain. Across the backs of his eyelids, the familiar wasteland of home flashed brightly. Once lush and welcoming, it had become no more than drought ridden scrubland by the time he'd gone. It had been under that barren soil they'd left their dead. He prayed that one day their graves would be overrun by wildflowers and verdant greenery again. Something worthy of the ones he loved.

"I miss them." he muttered softly, daring to risk his own emotions spilling over alongside his sister. "I wish they could see this place, see us." it was something he wasn't about to admit in the light of day, but here, under the watchful eye of the moon, he felt safe. Deathbelle was here, and he could tell the truth. He wanted his mother back. He wanted Ana. Roman wanted his family whole again.

WHEN IT SINGS SO SWEET

THE SCREAMING, HEAVING, FUCKERY OF THE WORLD?

Lines by xzazu2002